1. What was your most memorable moment?
Lindsey: Either the ceremony itself or getting dropped off at the hotel that night & having the driver give us a stop sign. Our friends sent us with a stop sign as a joke thinking we were going home, when we were headed to Mexico in the morning!
Kevin: Spending time with family & friends. Also when the flower girl got stung by a bee. :/
2. What were the inspirations for your wedding? themes? Why did you pick this time of year?
November 12th was our high school "anniversary" & it just worked out that it was available on a Saturday, so we decided to keep it as our wedding anniversary. The season sparked the inspiration for the fall colors, pumpkins, & sunflowers.
3. Was there anything that was not worth fussing over? In other words, did you have a bridezilla/groomzilla moment over something that was insignificant?
Lindsey: Having all of the bridesmaids match before the wedding was cute- but looking back would not have mattered. Overall I'm happy with how everything went & don't regret a thing.
Kevin: The little details weren't worth a fuss.
4. Any advice for those planning now?
Lindsey: Stay organized, keep it simple, & don't forget the reason why you're planning a wedding.
Kevin: Make a budget & stick to it.
Tell me about married life!
1. What has been the easiest & hardest parts about adjusting to married life?
The easiest part for us had been family; we've been together for 8 years & have been apart of each others family for years. The hardest part has been prioritizing time between work & home. We both work a lot & have learned that you need to leave work at work & go home.
2. What's been the most surprising thing you've learned about each other?
Lindsey: Kevin is very financially conscious & doesn't like to spend money.
Kevin: Lindsey eats like an animal.
3. What do you guys do to spend time together? Do you have weekly dates? something nightly? monthly?
We like to spend time with friends at dinner & drinking. We also like to spend time with our dogs.
4. What did you do, or will you do, to celebrate your one year anniversary?
We will probably do something fun for the weekend & go out for a nice dinner. Just something simple–we've got many more to celebrate. :)
5. Any plans for the future? Or, rather, what would you like to have done/seen/experience in the next five years?
We hope to one day have kids & maybe one day buy land & move out into the country. But for now, our plans are to take it easy & enjoy life.