A year ago yesterday, Megan & Andy said I do in front of friends & family. I'm so happy they took a few minutes to catch me up on what has been going on in their life! Enjoy.
1. What was your most memorable moment from the wedding?
We agree that our most memorable moment was when we surprised Andy with his 84 year old grandma all the way from Mexico to walk down the aisle during the grand entrance & he was fighting back tears!
2. What were the inspirations for your wedding? themes? Why did you pick this time of year?
If it were up to Andy everything would have been very simple... black white & a metallic color! I really love the fall season because that's when we started dating, but also warm berry tones just feel comforting & a beautiful way to welcome the fall weather.
3. Was there anything that was not worth fussing over? In other words, did you have a bridezilla/groomzilla moment over something that was insignificant?
Megan: I have to say to everyone's surprise (& even to my own) I actually did not have a bridezilla moment! Even though through miscommunication our DJ didn't know he was playing at the ceremony & our Officiant ran late, I kept a cool head through it all, but man, that was tough!
Andy: Everybody was stressing me out because they were acting weird & running late. (Turns out later it was because they were going to surprise me with my grandma being here.) I may have taken some unneeded frustration out on my wife-to-be that day!
4. Any advice for those planning now?
Megan: Just elope. Save the money & take an awesome honeymoon!!!
Andy: Say "yes, honey" to anything your wife-to-be wants.
Tell me about married life!
1. What has been the easiest & hardest parts about adjusting to married life?
Andy: Having a sleepover every night with your best friend makes marriage wonderful! The hardest has to be the distance for us right now since I just recently moved to Dallas for a job.
Megan: The easiest thing is having someone to come home to & tell them all the details about your day, & doing everything from having someone to run errands with you to taking trips all over the world! The distance right now has definitely been rough, but if that's the worst of our troubles... we have it made!
2. What's been the most surprising thing you've learned about each other?
Andy: Megan's basic survival skills are non-existent. It's amazing she's lived this long. (She's a terrible swimmer, can't lift boxes, the list goes on!)
Megan: All that matters is that I cook for him & it tastes good! And he snores really bad so that cancels out all my negative habits, right? :)
3. What do you guys do to spend time together? Do you have weekly dates? something nightly? monthly?
We have four or five TV shows that we watch almost religiously every week & they are not to be missed! We go out to eat as much as possible because food is a way of life for us. It's not just a meal... it's an experience!
4. What did you do, or will you do, to celebrate your one year anniversary?
We are completing this together for our one year anniversary! Since we have been apart we are now catching up on all our favorite shows, have gone out for brunch and we will be completing our evening by going to the same restaurant that we went to on our very first date three years ago.
5. Any plans for the future? Or, rather, what would you like to have done/seen/experience in the next five years?
We are going to make an effort to have a yearly honeymoon... aka another reason to go to Europe! We are obsessed with travelling even though we don't always have the means to do so. We want to enjoy our lives together before having kids in the future so we will spend our time exploring new places... & maybe even add a dog to the family!