What I remember most about Lauren & Brandon's wedding was all the joyfulness that every single person present at the wedding exhibited. That, & all the sunflowers. Such a happy day & I am so glad I got to be a part of it. Happy one year anniversary!
Tell me about your wedding:
1. What was your most memorable moment?
Lauren: Before the ceremony started, my mom, mother-in-law, & bridesmaids prayed over me & our marriage. It brought so much peace to me & it was a beautiful picture of unity from our two families. Brandon: Seeing Lauren walk down the aisle.
2. What were the inspirations for your wedding? themes? Why did you pick this time of year
Sunflowers. We liked the navy & yellow so we went with that. We picked summer because I was out of school & it gave us a lot of time to enjoy married life during the summer.
3. Was there anything that was not worth fussing over? In other words, did you have a bridezilla/groomzilla moment over something that was insignificant?
Lauren: Centerpieces! It was hard for me to find what I wanted & to come up with different ideas for the tables.
Brandon: A little stress over finding the ties & wanting the right ones.
4. Any advice for those planning now?
Lauren: Enjoy time with your family & in-laws as well as bridesmaids. I so enjoyed having both mothers there at various stages of the planning process.
Brandon: Don't stress about everything being perfect or things going exactly how you want it to. Things are going to change, but at the end of the day you are married.
Tell me about married life!
1. What has been the easiest/hardest parts about adjusting to married life?
Lauren: The easiest part has been adjusting to living together. The hardest part has been learning how to be a better steward of money.
Brandon: The easiest part has been adjusting to living together. The hardest part has been learning that decision making now includes two people instead of one.
2. What's been the most surprising thing you've learned about each other?
Lauren: Brandon can be a very good cook & is very helpful with making dinner.
Brandon: When Lauren gets in bed, she is ready to go to sleep right then.
3. What do you guys do to spend time together?
We love to cook dinner together, do puzzles, go on walks, & watch TV series together. We usually have a weekly date night where we go out to dinner.
4. What did you do, or will you do, to celebrate your one year anniversary?
We will be going to Austin for the weekend to celebrate. We have tried to plan a trip there multiple times, but it has never worked out. We want to do some fun Austin things, but also relax & enjoy our one year.
5. Any plans for the future?
We plan to stay in Houston & start a family in a couple of years.